VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is a legacy technology. However, many applications once were built on VBA technology. Hence, your VBA skills as well as Visual Basic 6 skill - still may be very useful/demanding to some companies.
You can check a recent article on: Is VBA still relevant? here http://blogs.msdn.com/johnrdurant/archive/2009/09/07/why-vba-still-makes-sense.aspx
Some VBA resources are provided below.
- Wikipedia: Introduction to VBA
- VBA is the programming language for Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, and Access. Here you can get tutorials on VBA for Microsoft Access
- A Book on: Excel & VBA by O'Reilly
- Book: Excel & VBA
- Excel and Sql Server Integration using VBA
- Not related to VBA: SQL Server Tutorial: http://www.functionx.com/sqlserver/